- Special Sections
- Public Notices
If you’re seriously considering adoption or just curious about the process behind opening up your home to a child who needs a family, the 2009 Adoption Fair is the place to visit to ask questions and gather the information you are looking for.
The event will be held from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. Sunday at the Hotel Louisville, 120 West Broadway, in downtown Louisville. Representatives from numerous children’s and adoptive services and organizations will be on hand to answer questions and provide materials. In addition, the following workshops will be offered at 2 p.m. and again at 2:45 p.m.:
• Adoption 101
• Special Needs in Kentucky and Indiana
• International Adoptions
The event is being sponsored by WLKY-TV’s Wednesday’s Child, Inc., and representatives from the following agencies and organizations will be available to talk with those interested in learning more:
• Adoption and Homestudy Specialists
• Adoption Assistance, Inc.
• A Helping Hand
• Adoption Support for Kentucky
• Adoption Bridges for Kentucky
• Catholic Charities
• Jewish Family and Career Service
• Kentucky Adoption Services
• Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services
• Love Basket
• St. Elizabeth Regional Maternity Center
• St. Joseph Children’s Home
• Sunrise Children’s Services
• WLKY-TV Wednesday’s Child, Inc.
For more information about the event, call 1-800-928-4303 or you can log onto www.wednesdayschild.com