- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Angela Barkham, 38, has been indicted for reckless homicide in the death of Donald C. DeJesus, Jr. during a prom party in May. The Spencer County Grand Jury handed down the indictment Dec. 10.
Barkham, of 449 Inghram Ln., is facing one to five years in prison if convicted of the class D felony.
DeJesus’s body was found Mother’s Day morning, May 10, lying in the back seat floorboard of his extended cab truck. A preliminary report by Spencer County Coroner Danny Hilbert indicated that DeJesus had a small bump on his head, and scratches on his nose and elbow. Hilbert said witnesses at the scene reported that DeJesus had been drinking and wrestling with friends at the party.
Further investigation by the Chief Medical Examiner Tracey Corey revealed that the teen had a blood alcohol level of .365 percent. His injuries were found to be superficial and his death ruled accidental.
At the time of his death, DeJesus, 19, was no longer a student at Spencer County High School, but had reportedly attended a prom party at Barkham’s home.
In other grand jury news:
• Rita R. Wilson, of 1819 Washington Blvd. in Louisville, was indicted on five felony and 13 misdemeanor charges related to trafficking controlled substances.
In addition to one felony trafficking charge, Wilson is facing two felony counts of tampering with evidence, one count of the illegal possession of Oxycodone and one count of promoting contraband by attempting to take substances into the Shelby County Detention Center.
According to court documents, the alleged offenses occurred around Sept. 7, 2009.
• Donald G. Byrn, of 7207 Plum Run Rd. in Bloomfield, was indicted on assault in the first degree for an incident that allegedly occurred on Sept. 28, 2009. Byrn is also facing a felony county of tampering with evidence and a misdemeanor charge of terroristic threatening in the third degree.
• Loren T. Gordon, of 2394 High Grove Rd. in Cox Creek, was indicted for evading police and two counts of wanton endangerment. All three counts are class D felonies. Gordon was also cited with a misdemeanor and seven traffic violations for an incident that occurred around Sept. 22, 2009.
• Timothy W. Hardin, of 303 Reasor Ave, in Taylorsville, was indicted on one felony count of possession of drug paraphernalia. Hardin also faces a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana for an incident that occurred around Aug. 4, 2009.
• Steve A. Nation, of 1641 Cecil Noel Rd. in Bloomfield, was indicted on four felony counts relating to manufacturing methamphetamine. In addition to the manufacturing charge, Nation is facing charges for possession and tampering with physical evidence. The alleged offenses occurred around March 2, 2009.
• Earl Thomas David, of 489 Cull Rd. in Mt. Eden, was indicted on three felony counts related to the manufacturing of methamphetamine. In addition to the manufacturing charge, David has been indicted with possession of methamphetamine, tampering with evidence and two misdemeanor charges for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. These offenses allegedly occurred around October 31, 2009.
• Ronald Kevin Jewell, of 2794 Murphy Ln. in Mt. Eden, was indicted on four felony charges for an incident on October 31, 2009. The felony counts include manufacturing and possession of methamphetamine, tampering with physical evidence and possession of drug paraphernalia by a subsequent offender.