- Special Sections
- Public Notices
By TANYA FLUKE, Student Data Coordinator
Imagine it’s Friday night, and there is a big football game going on at the high school. Jimmy tells mom that he wants to go to the game but mom has told him that the only way he can go to special activities is if he keeps up good grades.
Mom decides to go to the family computer and log on to the Parent Portal to see what Jimmy has been up to in school.
With a click here and a click there, mom is able to see that Jimmy has turned in all of his homework, and she even sees that he scored a good grade on his math test. Jimmy gets to go to the football game with his friends.
Now, imagine, it is Monday morning and Suzy has been having trouble making it to school on time. Dad is at work and curious. He wants to know if Suzy arrived on time to school. He takes just a minute to log on to the Parent Portal and is able to see that, unfortunately, Suzy was late to school again today. He will have to speak to Suzy tonight about this issue.
Other types of scenarios such as these are possible in the homes Spencer County parents that have internet access. If you have internet access in your home or work place, the Infinite Campus Parent Portal will be a very helpful tool for educational communication between teacher, parents and students. Here are some of the great benefits that the Parent Portal offers:
· New for the 2011-12 school year – You will now be able to view your child’s lunch account and apply payments toward that account using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
· You can access current information on grades, attendance and class schedules.
· The teachers use the grade book feature which allows parents to check homework, tests and teacher comments.
· The Portal is a great way to stay “in the know” with your child’s education and will help in cases if you have a child that is struggling. You are able to see any signs of a need for educational intervention.
· You can view report cards, progress reports and school announcements.
· You can access every child in your household from one single login account.
· You can easily gather information to prepare for parent-teacher conferences.
· The information is available in English, Spanish and other languages.
· All of the information is secure. Only legal parents or guardians are allowed access.
· The Parent Portal is a free service to Spencer County parents.
If you do not already have access to the Portal, you need to request it by going to your child’s school and presenting a photo ID or you can come directly to my office at the Spencer County Board of Education at 207 W. Main Street.
I will be happy to supply you with your key. One other way to obtain a key is to email me at Tanya.Fluke@spencer.kyschools.us and I will put a letter and key in the U.S. mail to you.
Due to confidentiality, we are not able to give activation keys or login information out over the phone or by email. Once you obtain your activation key, you must log on to the Spencer County website at http://publicschools.spencercounty.ky.gov/ and click on “Parent & Guardians” then “Infinite Campus Portal.”
You will then be guided on how to create your own account using your activation key.
For more information, contact your school secretary or email me directly at Tanya.Fluke@spencer.kyschools.us or call me at the Board Office at 502-477-3250 ext. 30.