- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Spencer County has been chosen to receive $16,614 in federal funds to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county. A Spencer County Board made up of local representatives will determine how the funds awarded to the county are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area.
Under the terms of the grant from the national board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
1) be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
2) have an accounting system
3) practice nondiscrimination
4) have demonstrated the capacity to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
5) if they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board.
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply. Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for Emergency Food and Shelter Program funds must contact Jill Whitehouse at 502-477-8296 for an application. The deadline for applications to be received is by 3 p.m. on February 18.