- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A wood stove was determined to be the cause of a fire in a home on Houghlin Road Friday night according to Spencer County Fire Chief Nathan Nation.
The Charles Jewell family fortunately escaped without injury, unfortunately, their home had significant damage.
Nation said it appeared the fire began in the construction above the wood stove and then quickly moved into the walls, the attic and throughout the house.
The Red Cross came to the aid of the family, assisting them with clothing and housing.
Nation said they were also called to respond in assistance with North East Nelson County to a fire on East Main Street in Fairfield.