.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Neighboring landmark destroyed by fire

-A A +A
By Tom Watson

   One of Nelson County's most historic homes was destroyed by fire early

Sunday. The Northeast Nelson Fire Department was called before 5 a.m.

as flames were seen coming from Duncan Manor, a two-story pre-Civil War

house on KY 55 just north of the Martha Layne Collins Bluegrass Parkway.

The house, owned by Lily Whittington of Cox's Creek, was gutted by the

fire, leaving only the brick walls. The fire is being investigated by

the state fire marshal's office.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Spencer Magnet, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 2 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Spencer Magnet | circulation@spencermagnet.com | 502-477-2239
P.O. Box 219, 100 W Main Street, Taylorsville, KY 40071
Office Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday