Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 5:05 am (Updated: April 3, 5:30 am)
Still-smoking, charred remnants of a barn are the horrible aftermath of a blaze in which dozens of prize dairy goats died Wednesday morning, their terrified bleating echoing through the darkness when the structure went up in flames.
“It was so pitiful. You should have seen them. It was a nightmare, just a nightmare,” said Joann Shelburne in a trembling voice as she looked out at the ruins where half of her prize-winning Alpine dairy goats perished in the predawn hours.
She said 25 goats died, and five more had to be put down.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Spencer Magnet, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account
If you are new to the award winning Spencer Magnet and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Create a limited access account. Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.
The Spencer Magnet | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502-477-2239 P.O. Box 219, 100 W Main Street, Taylorsville, KY 40071 Office Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday