- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Cornerstone Christian plans instructional basketball league
Cornerstone Christian Academy will host a four-week instructional league beginning Saturday, Sept. 15, and going to Saturday, Oct. 6. Each week will feature two hours of instruction followed by an hour game. The league will be led by current Cornerstone Christian Coach Jason Bradshaw and former Cornerstone Christian Coach Chris Armstrong. There will be college coaches each week as special guests.
The league is for both girls and boys; however, they will be separated from each other. The morning session is for first through fifth grade and is 9 a.m. to noon. The afternoon session is for sixth through 11th grade and is 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The cost is $60 if registered and paid by Sept. 7. Cost is $70 after Sept. 7.
Each session is limited to the first 75 campers who sign up. Early registration is recommended. The address of Cornerstone is 3850 Frankfort Road in Shelbyville.
For registration or camp information call John Raizor at 321-1599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fish and Wildlife Commission proposes waterfowl seasons for 2012-13
The Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Commission proposed the 2012-2013 waterfowl seasons at its quarterly meeting Aug. 17.
The commission recommends all hunting, fishing and boating regulations for approval by the General Assembly and approves all expenditures by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. All recommendations must be approved by legislators before they become law.
The Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Commission must place waterfowl seasons within the framework mandated by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service because all migratory game birds are under federal control.
Beginning with the 2012-2013 seasons, the opening day for both duck and goose season is now Thanksgiving Day annually. This year, Thanksgiving Day is Nov. 22. Duck, Coot and Merganser
• Duck season opens Nov. 22 and closes Nov. 26. The season opens again Dec. 3, 2012 and closes Jan. 27, 2013.
• Duck hunters may now take four scaup this year as part of their six duck daily bag limit. Previously, hunters could only take two scaup.
• Season dates for mergansers and coots are the same as the duck season dates for the 2012-2013 seasons. The daily bag limit for mergansers is five, only two of which may be hooded mergansers. The daily limit for coots is 15.
• Western Goose Zone: Nov. 22, 2012 – Jan. 31, 2013.
• Pennyrile-Coalfield Goose Zone (including West-Central Canada Goose subzone): Nov. 22, 2012 – Jan. 31, 2013.
• Eastern Goose Zone: Nov. 22, 2012 – Jan. 31, 2013.
• Northeastern Goose Zone: Jan. 1 – 31, 2013.
White-fronted Goose, Brant
• Statewide: Nov. 22, 2012 – Jan. 31, 2013.
• Regular season: Nov. 22, 2012 – Jan. 31, 2013.
Snow Goose Conservation Order Season
• Eastern Duck Zone: Feb. 1 – Mar. 31, 2013.
• Western Duck Zone: Feb. 1 and Feb. 4 – Mar. 31, 2013.
Youth Waterfowl Season: Eastern Zone: Nov. 3-4. Western Zone: Feb. 2-3, 2013.
The brant daily bag limit was reduced from two brant to one. The total daily bag limit for dark geese (Canada, white-fronted goose and brant) was changed from six birds to five birds to comply with federal frameworks for this season.