As we move into spring, many of our thoughts turn to gardening. Here are some tips for you when it comes time to prepare some fresh vegetables.
• Add vegetables to rice and pasta.
• Add more vegetables to soups, broths, and stews.
• Prepare meats and eggs with vegetables.
Simple things added to vegetables can add to their flavor.
Try some of these combinations:
• Beans: bell pepper, chili powder, garlic, ground cloves, onion
• Corn: allspice, bell pepper, chili powder, garlic, onion, pimiento, tomato